Behind the Scenes at the MFA Digital Imaging Studios New England
ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW
The online entry process is very easy, simply filling out a short registration form and then uploading your images as JPEG files. Images created via any form of photography will be accepted for consideration.THE PROSPECTUS and entry information is available here. Additional details are in the FAQ page here.JURIED COMPETITION:
Anne Lyden is the Judge for the Art of Photography Show 2011. Ms. Lyden is the Associate Curator of Photography at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles. Ms. Lyden is highly esteemed in the global photographic community, so it’s a significant honor to be selected by her.
Check out a special PDF with information about the Art of Photography Show by clicking here.
$10,000 IN AWARDS:
$2,000 1st Place Award
$1,600 2nd Place Award
$1,200 3rd Place Award
$ 800 4th Place Award
$ 400 (11) Honorable Mention Awards
TESTIMONIALS from artists and attendees of our recent shows can be viewed here.
We are producing a superb Show Catalog, which will feature every image in the Show and an artist statement about the work. Artists who are in the Show can obtain as many copies of the Show Catalog as they like for free, which can be used for promotion and marketing of their work.
MARKETING & PUBLICITY:
The Art of Photography Show will be pursuing an intensive marketing and publicity campaign to bring maximum media attention to the artists who are juried into the exhibition. Over 30,000 people are expected to view the Show during the nine week run at the Lyceum Theatre gallery, which is open (free) seven days a week. So, the artists and their work will receive a tremendous amount of exposure by the media and the public.
One of our key aims is to sell the work that is exhibited at the Art of Photography Show 2011. Our great love of this art form prompts us to ‘pull out all of the stops’ in order to showcase a truly excellent presentation of photographic art, to elevate and promote this art form, and to provide substantial benefits to the exhibiting artists.
For more information please contact the Producer, Steven Churchill:
Ed Kashi: Visual Storytelling and Documentary Photography
Co-Sponsored with the Boston University College of Communication
BU Photonics Building, Room 206
8 St. Mary’s Street, Boston
Members: $10 | Non-members: $15 | Students: $5
No charge for students of PRC member institutions
Click here to register >> <https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=40110>The contemporary photojournalist is a storyteller with a bevy of tools at his disposal. Increasingly, media outlets rely on much more than still images to convey stories. Ed Kashi, who will be presenting an intensive seminar for the PRC (see Workshops and Seminars), has been at the forefront of this new wave of digitally enabled correspondents. In this lecture he will discuss his innovative approach to photography and filmmaking, which has resulted in numerous awards and publications over a twenty-year career. In his own words: “I take on issues that stir my passions about the state of humanity and our world, and I deeply believe in the power of still images to change people’s minds
FORUM: CAPTURING HISTORY- A Conversation with White House Photographers
Time: 06:00 PM
Location: JFK Jr. Forum
flash forward festival comes to boston
Palm Springs Photo Festival
* Admittance to 11 Seminars during the week
* Our important daily Symposiums: The Business of Fine Art, The Convergence Conference, Advocacy & the Arts, & PDNPresents: Strategies for the Emerging Photographer
* Two Networking events with wine tastings from prominent California wineries
* Unlimited access to our Sponsor Headquarters. See the latest from Canon, Epson, Blurb, Samy’s Camera, Fuji, X-Rite, onONE Software, Blend Images Agency, Aperture Foundation, and Marshall Electronics!
* Access to the Open Portfolio Review Sunday, March 27 at the Hyatt Regency. Over 80 photographers will be presenting their work!
* Invitation to our Opening Reception immediately following our Open Portfolio Review.LATE-BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT: PSPF will offer a one-day comprehensive workshop entitled The Business of Photography on Friday, April 1. This workshop will covering the major facets of the relationships in the business of photography. There will be 8 different instructors each taking a turn discussing their special areas of expertise: Copyright, Licensing, the editorial relationship, the advertising agency / client relationship, the artist’s representative relationship, the book publisher relationship, the gallery relationship, the stock agency relationship. Understand how these business relationships work, how they are structured, how to protect yourself, how to know what needs to be in your bids and on your invoices.2011 WORKSHOP PROGRAM4-Day Workshops
GRACIELA ITURBIDE: The Master Class
ARNO RAFAEL MINKKINEN: Framing a New Vision
PETER TURNLEY: Documentary Reportage, Street Photography and the Photo Essay
DAVID MUENCH: The Desert Light: Color in the Landscape
KEITH CARTER: Finding Your Voice or Get Your Mojo Working!;
TODD HIDO: Contemporary Fine Art Practice: Conception, Execution & Discussion
GREG GORMAN: The Fine Art Nude
STEPHEN WILKES: Exploring the Salton Sea: Formal Documentary on Location
LOIS CONNER: The Desert in Black and White
FRANK OCKENFELS: Signature Portraiture
GILLIAN LAUB: The Documentary Photo Essay
CHRISTOPHER GRIFFITH: The Still Life Reconsidered
AMY ARBUS: Environmental Portraits with an Edge
TIM GRIFFITH: Architecture Photography
LORNE RESNICK: The Art & Commerce of Travel Photography
LOU LESKO & MICHAEL BRITT: An Introduction to DSLR Video Production Part I
LOU LESKO & MICHAEL BRITT: An Introduction to DSLR Video Production Part II
NELS ISRAELSON: The Dramatic Portrait: Shaping Light to Create Mood & Character
THE BUSINESS OF PHOTOGRAPHY: The Business Relationships in Photography
We will feature over 20 remarkable seminars in our SEMINAR PROGRAM
Our highly regarded PORTFOLIO REVIEW PROGRAM will offer over 650 Portfolio Reviews with the industry’s most important influencers including museum curators, gallery directors, magazine editors, picture editors & art directors, advertising agency creatives and more.
Most importantly, you can join the community – meet like-minded people, exchange ideas, keep your work fresh and exciting. We’re about the passion for photography. These are exciting times! Call 1-800 928 8314 for more information or go directly to our website at www.palmspringsphotofestival.com. See you in the desert!
December 7, 2009 – January 22, 2010
Artist’s Reception: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Featuring book sales and signing
Live musical performance by Felice Pomeranz,The Gilded HarpGALLERY HOURS: M/W/F: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.,T/Th: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sa: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., S: closed. The Bunker Hill Community College Art Gallery is free and open to the public. BHCC is located at the Community College stop on the MBTA Orange Line.